A community for women, by women—working together to close the gender wealth gap.
What you need to know to make the most of your money
Here at Women Talk Money, we talk about the ins and outs of money and investing—why it's important and how it can help us reach our goals. Did you know that as women, we have financial realities to keep in mind as we plan and make decisions? For example:
- Women are more likely to live longer (so we’ll need more money, particularly for retirement).1
- There is a gap in what we’re paid, so if we’re putting a percentage of that away for retirement, it could be a lot less over time.2
- We’re more likely to have higher health care costs.3
- We tend to invest less, which means our money has less potential to grow.4
- Because we often do so much unpaid and invisible labor, we’re likely to be underinsured.5
We’re here to talk about it—and do something about it.
Events to help with your next money move
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2021
2. Pew Research Center, The Enduring Grip of the Gender Pay Gap, March 2023
3. Fidelity Investments 2022 Retiree Health Care Cost Estimate, May 2022
4. BlackRock: Women and men look at money, investing differently, March 2016
5. Guardian Life: Why women should close the life insurance gender gap, 2023
6. Women’s History Month 2023 survey
Keep in mind that investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money.
The Fidelity Investments and pyramid design logo are registered service marks of FMR LLC.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917