Our Commitment to Privacy
Fidelity Digital Asset Services, a Fidelity Investments company, is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information about our current and prospective customers.
How and why we obtain personal information
Fidelity Digital Asset Services ("FDAS") takes great care to protect personal information about you and when we use it and we do so with respect for your privacy. We may use personal information about you to service, maintain, and protect your account; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you; develop, offer, and deliver products and services; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. FDAS may collect public and non-public personal information about you from any of the following sources:
- Your applications (for example, name, address, Social Security number, birth date, occupation, employer, anticipated transaction volume, and sources of wealth)
- Transactional activity in your account (for example, account history and balances)
- Other interactions with FDAS (for example, discussions with our customer service staff or information you enter into our websites)
- Information from other third-party data services (for example, to verify your identity and bank account ownership)
- Other sources with your consent (for example, from other institutions, such as when cash is transferred to FDAS from your bank)
How we protect information about you
FDAS considers the protection of personal information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We employ physical, electronic, and procedural controls, and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
At FDAS, we restrict access to personal information to those employees who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you.
How we share information about you
We may share personal information about you with various Fidelity Investments corporate affiliates, including internal service providers that perform, for example, data processing services, fraud detection and prevention services, printing and mailing, and marketing support.
FDAS does not share personal information about our customers with unaffiliated third parties for use in marketing their products and services.
We may, however, share information that we collect or generate about current and former customers with unaffiliated third parties, in the following circumstances:
- Unaffiliated service providers that perform services on our behalf, including printing and mailing services
- Third-party identity verification services for comparison or addition to their databases in order to verify the accuracy of your information and to confirm your identity to comply with applicable state and federal anti-money laundering requirements
- In response to Government agencies, other regulatory bodies, law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions), and legal processes (for example a warrant or subpoena, where we believe such disclosure is warranted or required)
- Other organizations with your consent.
Our service providers are obligated to keep the personal information that we share with them confidential and use it only to provide those services specified by FDAS.
Privacy, security, and service in FDAS's online operations are just as critical as in the rest of our business. We use firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among other controls, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect FDAS accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
When you interact with us through the FDAS website, which is owned and controlled by Fidelity Investments, FDAS and Fidelity Investments manage personal information in accordance with all of the practices and safeguards described previously.
When you visit the FDAS website, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as device type, browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on the FDAS website. We use this information for a variety of purposes, such as maintaining the security of your online session, facilitating site navigation, improving FDAS website design and functionality, and personalizing your experience on the FDAS website. Additionally, the following policies and practices apply when you are online:
Cookies and similar technologies
You can refuse or delete cookies. Most browsers and mobile devices offer their own settings to manage cookies. If you refuse a cookie when on the FDAS website, or if you delete cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the FDAS website. For example, you may not be able to sign in and access your account, or we may not be able to recognize you, your device, or your online preferences.
Connecting with FDAS on social media platforms
Protecting children's privacy online
FDAS websites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Fidelity does not intentionally collect information on FDAS websites from those we actually know are under 13, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the sites.
Review or Update your Personal Information
Current FDAS customers may review or update their personal information by logging into their FDAS account on FDAS.Fidelity.com and clicking on the "Profile" link.
Last Reviewed: October 2018856724.1.0