Custodial Account (UGMA/UTMA)
Invest on behalf of a minor with a custodial account (also known as an UGMA or UTMA account, based on the Uniform Gifts/Transfers to Minors Acts). A custodial account at Fidelity is a brokerage account with comprehensive trading, mutual fund, and cash management features. Funds in a custodial account are irrevocable gifts and may only be used for the benefit of the minor.
- No annual account fees
- Online access to your account, so you can move money and use funds for everyday expenses and bill-paying
- Advanced trading platform and tools for Active Traders1
- Many easy ways to make contributions to your account, including transferring funds from your bank or another brokerage institution, direct deposit, or check
- Only $4.95 for online U.S. equity trades2
- Comprehensive research and tools to help you find, analyze, and track investment performance
- A wide range of Fidelity and non-Fidelity funds, stocks, bonds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and FDIC-insured CDs3
- Access to knowledgeable representatives
$4.95 commission applies to online U.S. equity trades in a Fidelity retail account only for Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC retail clients. Sell orders are subject to an activity assessment fee (from $0.01 to $0.03 per $1,000 of principal). Other conditions may apply. See Fidelity.com/commissions for details. Employee equity compensation transactions and accounts managed by advisors or intermediaries through Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions® are subject to different commission schedules.