How to Create a Relationship Household
If you live with immediate family members who also have eligible Fidelity accounts, you can "household" those accounts to potentially qualify for enhanced services and features. Grouping accounts to create a relationship household may provide you with a good opportunity to increase everyone's collective investing power.
What are the benefits of creating a relationship household?
Even though you'll continue to maintain separate accounts, we can use the combined total assets of a household to improve certain service features on each of the accounts individually. In other words, if you bundle multiple smaller accounts from various immediate family members in your household, collectively your assets may qualify for Fidelity's Preferred & Wealth Management Services. With upgraded accounts, you may enjoy additional benefits like a dedicated planning and guidance consultant, retirement planning tools and resources, and access to estate planning and personal trust services.
What do I need to know?
Everyone in your relationship household must be immediate family, which includes parents, grandparents, siblings, and children, and reside at the same address. Any service benefits earned will apply to all accounts included in the relationship household.
You'll need to have brokerage account numbers for the eligible accounts you'd like to include, or the Social Security or tax identification number for each account owner. If each member of the household would like all of his or her eligible accounts included, you will select All Accounts for Each Owner and provide Social Security numbers. If a member would prefer to have some of his or her accounts excluded, you will select Specific Accounts by Owner and only provide the account numbers to be included. Some people prefer to keep specific accounts private and therefore opt not to include them.
If you indicate All Accounts for Each Owner:
- Select Continue.
- You will be given a list of individuals currently associated with your account. Add additional names and Social Security numbers by selecting Add Another Account Owner.
- Repeat this process until you've listed Social Security numbers for everyone you'd like to include.
- Read through the Terms and Conditions and select the box indicating you agree. When you're done, select Submit.
If you indicate Specific Accounts by Owner:
- Select Continue.
- You'll see a list of all your eligible accounts, as well as the option to add additional accounts. Choose "Yes, I'd like to add more accounts" and then select Continue.
- Enter the name and account number for each account you'd like to add. When you've included all the accounts you'd like included, select Continue.
- On the Review and Confirm page, look over the accounts you've added to make sure they are correct. Then read the Terms and Conditions and check the box indicating that you agree. Select Submit.
Once you've submitted your request, you'll see a confirmation with your confirmation number.
If you prefer, you can download the Householding form (PDF) or call us directly to complete this transaction.
What to expect
In 3 business days, your records will be updated and a single confirmation will be sent to the household by U.S. Mail in 7–10 business days. If you have qualified for a higher service level, such as Fidelity Premium ServicesSM or a Dedicated Guidance Consultant, you will receive a welcome packet and updated contact information in accordance with the benefits you've earned.
You will continue to receive your statements as usual; any changes in information (new account designations and phone numbers to contact us, for example) will be reflected in your statement.
Note: If you open a new account with us, you'll need to add it to your household. We do not automatically add new accounts for any member of the household.