1. Guarantees apply to certain insurance and annuity products and are subject to product terms, exclusions and limitations and the insurer's claims-paying ability and financial strength.
2. Excess withdrawals and any withdrawal prior to age 59½ may significantly reduce the guaranteed withdrawal benefit amount and if taken during the first 5 contract years, may be subject to a 2% surrender fee. Withdrawals of taxable amounts are subject to ordinary income tax and, if made before age 59½, may be subject to a 10% federal income tax penalty. Withdrawals of taxable amounts from a non-qualified annuity may also be subject to the 3.8% Unearned Income Medicare Contribution tax if your modified adjusted gross income exceeds the applicable threshold amount.
3. Benefit base will be compared to contract value annually and increased when the contract value exceeds the benefit base on anniversary dates prior to the oldest annuitant reaching age 85. After age 85, customers will no longer be eligible for potential benefit base increases. Withdrawals will reduce the contract value and death benefit and may impact whether your income payments will increase even if your contract value is increasing.
4. Beneficiaries may elect to receive contract value or a return of purchase payment, adjusted for withdrawals, payable in periodic payments that annually do not exceed your guaranteed annual income. See the prospectus for details.
5. The Fidelity VIP FundsManager® 50% Portfolio is subject to the volatility of the financial markets in the U.S. and abroad, and may be subject to the additional risks associated with investing in high-yield, commodity-linked, small-cap, and foreign securities. Please note that the portfolio's performance depends on that of the underlying funds in which it invests. The portfolio is managed by FMR Co., Inc., an affiliate of FMR. Please see the fund prospectus for more information.
The contract value is subject to market fluctuations and investment risk so that, when withdrawn, it may be worth more or less than its original value.
MetLife Growth and Income annuity (Policy Form Series No. 8800 (10/09)) is issued by MetLife Insurance Company USA, Charlotte, NC 28277 and, in New York (Policy Form Series No. 6800 (10/09)), only by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10166 (collectively and singly "MetLife"). MetLife Insurance Company USA and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company are affiliates. The contract's financial guarantees are solely the responsibility of the issuing insurance company. Fidelity Brokerage Services, Member NYSE, , and Fidelity Insurance Agency, Inc., are the distributors; they are not affiliated with any MetLife company.
Before investing, consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the annuity and its investment options. Contact Fidelity for a prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus containing this information. Please read the prospectus and consider this information carefully before investing. Product availability and features may vary by state. Please refer to the contract prospectus for more complete details regarding the living and death benefits.