Investment Approaches for Fidelity Personal Retirement Annuity® (FPRA)
Choose from three investing approaches
Customize your investment approach based on your overall target asset mix of stocks, bonds, and cash to help meet your investing style, objectives, and tax management needs. Below are three ways to consider investing within the Fidelity Personal Retirement Annuity's 55+ funds, covering a broad range of asset classes and sectors.
|Hands-off approach with single-fund investing||
If you prefer a strategy that doesn't require you to actively build or manage your portfolio, a single-fund solution from Fidelity offers automatic diversification1 and professional money management.
|Hands-on approach with your own custom portfolio||
If you prefer to pick your own funds and periodically rebalance your portfolio as the market changes, you can choose from more than 55 Fidelity and non-Fidelity funds. Plus, our powerful tools and resources can help you research, select, and monitor your investments.
|Sector investing approach with a tax-deferred account||
If you prefer to invest in industry sector funds to help diversify and potentially grow your portfolio, while managing risk, you can choose from 11 funds representing a broad set of industries. Plus, our resources and online tools can help you build a sector strategy that matches your investing style.
Explore the full spectrum of available funds
FPRA funds cover all asset classes, from domestic equity to specialized sectors, so you can find the mix of funds that helps you to achieve your strategic investment goals within your target asset mix.
Note: Review each fund for its investment objective, strategy, and risk.
Benefits of domestic equity funds:
- Exposure to successful, innovative, and profitable companies
- Potential to grow your investment
- A good foundation for risk-tolerant investors
Benefits of international equity funds:
- Tap into the growth potential in other parts of the world
- Lower the volatility of your profile through diversification
Benefits of sector funds:
- Tactical investment approaches, such as sector rotation strategies
- More precise equity concentration
- Greater diversification of your portfolio
Benefits of fixed income funds:
- Potential for capital preservation, depending on the fund
- Income generation
Fidelity VIP Strategic Income
Franklin U.S. Government Securities VIP Fund
PIMCO VIT Low Duration
Emerging Markets Bond
Morgan Stanley Emerging Markets Debt
Templeton Global Bond VIP Fund
Benefits of asset allocation funds:
- Asset class diversification
- Disciplined, ongoing asset allocation
- Managed to help meet your needs for income and growth potential
VIP Investor Freedom Funds6
Fidelity® VIP Investor Freedom Income PortfolioSM
Fidelity® VIP Investor Freedom 2005 PortfolioSM
Fidelity® VIP Investor Freedom 2010 PortfolioSM
Fidelity® VIP Investor Freedom 2015 PortfolioSM
Fidelity® VIP Investor Freedom 2020 PortfolioSM
Fidelity® VIP Investor Freedom 2025 PortfolioSM
Fidelity® VIP Investor Freedom 2030 PortfolioSM
Benefits of index funds:
- Focused on tracking benchmark index
- Generally lower management fees
The Fidelity VIP Total Market Index, Fidelity VIP Extended Market Index, and Fidelity VIP International Index are self-indexed funds. Please see the Fidelity Market Cap Weighted Index Methodologies document for additional details.
Benefits of money market funds:
- Short maturities and minimal credit risk
- Seeks to preserve capital and liquidity