BOSTON — Fidelity Investments®, one of the largest and most diversified global asset management firms with more than $2.2 trillion in managed assets1, today announced that 11 Fidelity mutual funds won a total of 14 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards.
The honors are given to individual mutual funds that have outperformed peers based on risk-adjusted, consistent return. Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individual classifications for the three-, five-, and 10-year periods. Fidelity's 14 awards among 11 Fidelity mutual funds in 2017 continue a strong history of Lipper Fund Award recognition across asset classes and investment styles.
"Our deep bench of investment professionals is devoted to delivering strong, consistent investment performance on behalf of our clients and fund shareholders," said Charlie Morrison, president of Asset Management for Fidelity Investments. "We are honored to have our team's commitment recognized by Lipper and will continue to focus on providing the best customer experience in the financial services industry by helping our customers achieve their long-term investing goals."
The 11 Fidelity mutual funds recognized by Lipper range across a variety of asset classes and styles from equities, fixed income and asset allocation to international, high income and sector funds.
- Fidelity Select Defense and Aerospace Portfolio, managed by Jonathan Siegmann, won awards in Lipper's Industrials category for the three- and five-year period.
- Fidelity Advisor Semiconductors Fund (Institutional), managed by Steve Barwikowski, won an award in Lipper's Science and Technology category for the three-year period.
- Fidelity Select Semiconductors Portfolio, managed by Steve Barwikowski, won an award in Lipper's Science & Technology category for the five-year period.
Asset Allocation Funds
- Fidelity Income Replacement 2042 Fund, managed by Andrew Dierdorf and Brett Sumsion, won awards in Lipper's Retirement Income category for the three- and five-year periods.
Domestic and International Equity Funds
- Fidelity Overseas Fund (Class K), managed by Vincent Montemaggiore, won an award in Lipper's International Multi-Cap Growth Funds for the five-year period.
- Fidelity Advisor International Real Estate Fund (Institutional), managed by Guillermo de las Casas, won an award in Lipper's International Real Estate category for the five-year period.
- Fidelity OTC Portfolio, managed by Gavin Baker, won an award in Lipper's Multi-Cap Growth category for the 10-year period.
- Fidelity Pacific Basin Fund, managed by John Dance, won awards in Lipper's Pacific Region category for the three- and five-year periods.
- Fidelity Series Intrinsic Opportunities Fund (Class F), managed by Joel Tillinghast, won an award in Lipper's Global Multi-Cap Value Funds for the three-year period.
High Income Funds
- Fidelity Real Estate High Income Fund, managed by Stephen Rosen and David Bagnani, won an award in Lipper's General Bond category for the five-year period.
- Fidelity Intermediate Government Income Fund, managed by Franco Castagliuolo and Bill Irving, won an award in Lipper's Short-Intermediate U.S. Government category for the 10-year period.
About The Lipper Fund Awards
The Lipper Fund Awards are part of the Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence, a global family of awards that celebrate exceptional performance throughout the professional investment community. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence recognize the world's top funds, fund management firms, sell-side firms, research analysts, and investor relations teams. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence also include the Extel Survey Awards and the StarMine Analyst Awards. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.lipperfundawards.com/.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity's mission is to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses we serve. With assets under administration of $6.0 trillion, including managed assets of $2.2 trillion as of February 28, 2017, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 26 million people invest their own life savings, 23,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing more than 12,500 financial advisory firms with investment and technology solutions to invest their own clients' money. Privately held for 70 years, Fidelity employs 45,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit https://www.fidelity.com/about.