BOSTON — Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions® today announced general availability of Fidelity AMP (Automated Managed Platform), its financial planning-led digital advice solution co-developed with eMoney Advisor, timed with a significant groundswell of advisor interest in offering digital advice. Fidelity research shows that demand for digital advice solutions is growing: the number of advisors whose firms are exploring adding digital advice has grown by more than 80 percent in just one year, with 40 percent now considering the digital advice options available.1
Cueing off significant client input, Fidelity and eMoney purpose-built Fidelity AMP for financial advisors and made it accessible via Wealthscape, Fidelity’s new advisor technology platform. Fidelity AMP is a complete, easy-to-use digital advice solution that wealth management firms and their advisors can customize and fully integrate with their existing offerings. Because Fidelity AMP was developed with eMoney, Fidelity clients using eMoney solutions can effortlessly add it into their planning tools.
As part of their ongoing commitment to meaningful innovation, Fidelity and eMoney are continuously improving Fidelity AMP, with several enhancements due in 2018, including more options for customized investment models, with the goal of enabling advisors to further curate the experience they create for their end-investors, while at the same time taking advantage of a scalable, digital framework.
"The evolution of the digital advice market is proving that Fidelity AMP delivers what advisors are looking for: a digital, intuitive front-end that can be leveraged to meet investor demand, while at the same time allowing advisors to maintain their 'human' edge, engaging with clients to help them achieve their goals and ultimately, peace of mind," said Gary Gallagher, senior vice president, investment products, Fidelity Institutional. "We have seen a strong early response from clients, indicating our approach is resonating with advisors."
Several clients have already signed on to implement Fidelity AMP, and a strong pipeline of banks, broker-dealers and RIAs are committed to the offering. Early adopters value Fidelity AMP's advisor/client collaboration abilities, the customizable end-investor portal and the flexibility in the Investment Profile Questionnaires (IPQs).
"Advisors need solutions that simplify their everyday lives and appeal to a growing market of investors looking for digital options," said Ed O'Brien, chief executive officer of eMoney Advisor. "Fidelity AMP delivers on both of these areas, enabling more investors to benefit from a streamlined, planning-led process."
Fidelity AMP is:
- An integrated tool that streamlines activity for advisors and end-investors
- With eMoney's end-investor client portal, an advisor's new clients can onboard themselves, set their own goals and monitor them. By connecting directly to Fidelity's brokerage capabilities, they can also open and fund accounts.
- Advisors can move investors from an automated service to a more collaborative experience as client needs evolve. Digital and fully-advised end-clients can be managed in one place to simplify advisor workflow and increase efficiency.
- A flexible, customizable platform that allows advisors to drive the client experience
- Firms can apply their own branding to an end-investor portal and marketing materials. They can also create their own IPQs and configure risk levels to align with appropriate investment portfolios.
- Beginning in 2018, Fidelity AMP will begin rolling out the ability for select advisors to customize client portfolios by defining the investment models for clients' risk tolerance and IPQ profile.
- Advisors can combine human and digital components that can evolve over time as an investor's assets and life stage changes. According to Fidelity research, 61 percent of investors prefer investment advice that combines technology with personalized interactions.2
- Future-ready, goal-oriented and designed for collaboration
- Advisors and clients can access the same platform and information, allowing them to easily work together on planning.
- End-investors can better understand their investments and goals through the client dashboard that shows outcomes mapped to models, scenarios and projections. The one-stop dashboard allows investors to do everything from opening and funding an account to tracking progress toward goals.
Launching a digital advice offering goes beyond choosing a solution, and Fidelity and eMoney are providing clients with tools that will not only help firms evaluate and deploy Fidelity AMP, but also help to increase adoption with end users. These include:
- Fidelity's Digital Advice Guide, offering insight on evaluating a digital advice solution and a four step roadmap for integrating a digital advice offering, including laying the foundation (specifying goals and segmenting clients), designing and delivering the offering, and creating a go-to-market plan
- Fidelity's Digital Advice Trends Infographic, featuring new research on how advisors are planning to incorporate digital advice into their business, and choosing solutions
- Guidance on implementing digital advice solutions from Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions Practice Management and Consulting technology consultants
- eMoney resources - from turn-key marketing materials, like email templates, how-to guides and digital ads, to an automated on-boarding workflow - that help advisors generate end-investor interest in and adoption of digital advice throughout the client experience, from prospect generation to ongoing engagement
For clients already leveraging an existing digital advice strategy, Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions will integrate with select third-party vendors via additional APIs.
Fidelity AMP is the latest tool to launch in the company's total advisor platform, a multi- year program that began rolling out new offerings in 2016 and 2017, and will continue through2018. In addition to Fidelity AMP, program launches include deep integrations with eMoney Advisor; Wealthscape Performance Measurement, designed to drive dynamic planning conversations through an on-demand performance experience; and Regulatory Early Warning premium analytics, saving firms time through automated regulatory content aggregation in one central compliance hub.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity's mission is to inspire better futures and deliver better outcomes for the customers and businesses we serve. With assets under administration of $6.3 trillion, including managed assets of $2.3 trillion as of July 31, 2017, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 26 million people invest their own life savings, 23,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing more than 12,500 financial advisory firms with investment and technology solutions to invest their own clients' money. Privately held for 70 years, Fidelity employs more than 40,000 associates who are focused on the long- term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit https://www.fidelity.com/about.