BOSTON — Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions, the division of Fidelity Investments that provides clearing and custody to registered investment advisors (RIAs), retirement recordkeepers, broker-dealer firms, banks and insurance companies, is now accepting self-nominations for the second annual Be Greater® Awards, an award recognizing RIAs that are taking their firms to the next level, evolving them into successful, growing businesses in today's competitive and crowded marketplace.
Through May 31, 2016, Fidelity will be accepting nominations for the Be Greater® Awards, an opportunity for firms to reflect on and be recognized for what they have done to build great businesses. Winners will be chosen by an esteemed panel of industry professionals: Karen Barr, Investment Adviser Association; Joel Bruckenstein, Technology Tools for Today; Mindy Diamond, Diamond Consultants; Beverly Flaxington, The Collaborative; Brian Hamburger, MarketCounsel and Philip Palaveev, The Ensemble Group.
"When we introduced the award last year, we saw a terrific response from our clients – a testament to how many firms are striving to be greater," said Bob Oros, executive vice president and head of the RIA segment, Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions. "The need to stand out from the crowd has become even more important in today's marketplace, and we are looking forward to hearing from firms this year about what they're doing to become future-ready."
The 2015 winners of the Be Greater® Awards were Wescott Financial Advisory Group LLC, Compak Asset Management, Haven Wealth Group, and Alliance Benefit Group Financial Services Corp.
Details on Be Greater® Awards
- The annual award honors three registered investment advisors, one from each of the following categories: $50 - $250 million, $250 million - $1 billion and greater than $1 billion in total assets under management.
- Entrants will be judged across five key business areas, which we call our Five Fundamentals of a Future-Ready Firm: Strategy, Talent, Technology & Operations, Risk & Regulatory, and Client Focus.
- Eligible firms must be an RIA client of Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions, be in business for at least four years, have more than two full time employees, have at least $50 million in total assets under management and must not be under investigation by any regulatory or government agency or enforcement division.
- Eligible firms can access the self-nomination process and form via the Be Greater® Awards website.
- The deadline for nominations is May 31, 2016.
- Fidelity will make a donation to the charity of each winner's choice in the amount of $15,000, and they will be celebrated by their peers at Fidelity's Inside Track event in New York in October.
For more information on what it means to Be Greater®, including Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions' newest book, Be Greater Volume 2, with more stories from today's leading RIAs, visit fiws.fidelity.com.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity's goal is to make financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. With assets under administration of $5.2 trillion, including managed assets of $2.0 trillion as of March 31, 2016, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 25 million people invest their own life savings, nearly 20,000 businesses manage employee benefit programs, as well as providing nearly 10,000 advisory firms with investment and technology solutions to invest their own clients’ money. Privately held for nearly 70 years, Fidelity employs 45,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit https://www.fidelity.com/about.