BOSTON – New research from Fidelity Investments® shows that 99 percent of registered investment advisors (RIAs) are taking steps to evolve their practices to keep up with the changing dynamics in the advisory industry.1 But, who is going above and beyond? Who is standing out?
Fidelity Clearing and Custody, the division of Fidelity that provides clearing and custody to RIAs, retirement recordkeepers, broker-dealer firms, banks and insurance companies, today announced the Be Greater® Awards, a new award recognizing RIAs and retirement recordkeepers that are taking their practices to the next level, evolving them into successful, growing businesses in today's competitive and crowded marketplace.
From May 4 – 29th, Fidelity will be accepting self-nominations for the Be Greater® Awards, an opportunity for firms to reflect on and be recognized for what they have done to build great businesses. Winners will be chosen by an esteemed panel of industry professionals: Karen Barr, Investment Adviser Association; Joel Bruckenstein, Technology Tools for Today; Mindy Diamond, Diamond Consultants; Beverly Flaxington, The Collaborative; Brian Hamburger, MarketCounsel and Philip Palaveev, The Ensemble Group.
"Last year, when we published Be Greater: Why Being Good Enough is No Longer an Option, we did so knowing there were many stories of firms going from 'good enough' to 'great'—too many to capture in any one book," said Bob Oros, executive vice president and head of the RIA segment, Fidelity Clearing and Custody. "Many firms exemplify what we believe Be Greater® is all about, and we think they should be recognized."
Notes to Editors
- The annual award will honor a total of four firms: three registered investment advisors (one from each of the following categories: $50 - $250 million, $250 million - $1 billion and greater than $1 billion in total assets under management) and one retirement recordkeeper.
- Firms will be judged on demonstrated excellence across five critical areas of their businesses: business models, planning, technology, client engagement and teams and partnerships.
- Eligible firms must be a custody client of Fidelity Clearing and Custody, be in business for at least four years, have more than two full time employees, have at least $50 million in total assets under management and must not be under investigation by any regulatory or government agency or enforcement division.
- Eligible firms can access the self-nomination process and form via the Be Greater® Awards website.
- Self-nominations will be accepted May 4 – 29, 2015, and winners will be notified in September 2015.
- Fidelity will make a donation to the charity of each winner's choice in the amount of $15,000, and they will be celebrated by their peers at Fidelity's Inside Track event in New York in October.
For more information on what it means to Be Greater®, including 20 inspiring stories of advisors who have transformed their businesses, visit fiws.fidelity.com.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity's goal is to make financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. With assets under administration of $5.2 trillion, including managed assets of $2.1 trillion as of March 31, 2015, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping more than 24 million people investing their own life savings, nearly 20,000 businesses to manage their employee benefit programs, as well as providing nearly 10,000 advisory firms with technology solutions to invest their own clients' money. Privately held for nearly 70 years, Fidelity employs 41,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com/about.