Affiliation with Fidelity Supports eMoney Advisor's Strategic Growth Goals. Fidelity Clients Across the Enterprise to Benefit from eMoney's Collaborative Tools. The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian) Retains a Minority Interest and Remains One of eMoney's Largest Clients.
BOSTON – Fidelity Investments® announced today that it has agreed to acquire eMoney Advisor, a leading wealth planning software company, as part of Fidelity's commitment to deliver an industry leading suite of innovative and meaningful tools and technology to its customers. eMoney Advisor's technology solutions transform the way financial professionals deliver their expertise, strengthen client relationships and help grow their businesses. Fidelity's investment in eMoney Advisor, which is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals, is part of Fidelity's larger vision to continue enhancing its digital solutions across its retail, workplace and institutional channels.
"Fidelity is a financial services firm with technology at its core. We apply design-thinking in our labs, incubate new companies and work with some of the brightest minds in the country -- all for the benefit of our clients," said Michael Wilens, president, Fidelity Enterprise Services. "eMoney Advisor is another important vehicle through which Fidelity can exceed client expectations and maintain its edge in a rapidly changing technology environment."
eMoney Advisor will operate with the same entrepreneurial spirit that earned it success to date, continue on its strategic growth path, and remain focused on serving a wide range of financial services providers. eMoney Advisor's leadership will remain in place with its founder Edmond Walters continuing to serve as its chief executive officer.
"Our affiliation with Fidelity, and its multi-billion-dollar commitment to technology, only adds to eMoney Advisor's already aggressive growth and innovation path," said Walters, "We have a long track record with many of Fidelity’s 10,000 advisory firm clients and hope to extend our growth among that base, while deepening and expanding our many relationships beyond the Fidelity footprint." eMoney Advisor will also maintain its current offices in Pennsylvania and California.
Clients of Fidelity Institutional, the division of Fidelity Investments that provides clearing, custody and investment management products to registered investment advisors (RIAs), retirement recordkeepers, broker-dealers, family offices and banks, will be among the first who can benefit from the affiliation with eMoney Advisor.
eMoney Advisor will help Fidelity deliver on several elements of its next generation broker and advisor platform. The platform, which builds on significant investments Fidelity has already made in its Streetscape® and WealthCentral® workstations, are expected to evolve further to offer comprehensive data management, efficient and integrated office capabilities, and collaborative tools for investors, advisors and home offices. eMoney Advisor is expected to accelerate Fidelity's efforts with regard to data aggregation and collaboration -- and in a more integrated fashion.
"Guardian has not only been an investor in eMoney Advisor for close to a decade, but also a very satisfied client," said Michael Ferik, executive vice president of Guardian. "As we pass the majority ownership to Fidelity, we will retain a minority interest and continue to be a significant client. We look forward to the benefits created by eMoney joining forces with Fidelity."
Note to Editors:
Facts about Fidelity Investments’ Technology Leadership:
- Scientists and researchers at Fidelity Labs (the R&D unit of Fidelity Investments) have worked to identity and explore hundreds of emerging technologies over the last 15 years.
- Fidelity has an annual technology spend of $2.5 Billion across the enterprise.
- Fidelity has approximately 10,000 technologists around the globe, comprising a quarter of the company’s workforce.
- Fidelity holds over 100 patents worldwide.
- Fidelity has led with an entrepreneurial spirit since it was founded over 70 years ago. The company has spearheaded many technology leaps in the financial services business, including launching the first mutual fund company homepage on the internet (1995), launching Streetscape for broker-dealers (2000) and WealthCentral for RIAs (2008). For more notable technology moments, check out Fidelity’s fact sheet.
Facts about eMoney Advisor:
- In 2000, former financial advisor Edmond Walters founded eMoney Advisor to create a technology solution that would enable financial professionals to better serve their clients’ comprehensive wealth management needs and run their businesses more effectively.
- Since its inception, eMoney has remained relentless in its pursuit to help advisors and their clients reach financial success by providing leading-edge technology that, when combined with the advice and expertise of a trusted advisor, delivers an unmatched wealth management experience.
- In December 2014, eMoney released emX, a completely reengineered version of their platform, featuring an intuitive interface, powerful data integrations, resources to improve collaboration and efficiency, and new financial planning options to meet a client’s needs throughout the entire life-cycle of their relationship.
- Today, eMoney’s software is used to track more than $1.4 trillion in client assets managed by 25,000 financial professionals across an extensive network of independent RIAs, banks and accounting firms, as well as 46 out of the top 50 broker dealers and 50 percent of the top insurance companies in the U.S.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity’s goal is to make financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. With assets under administration of $5.1 trillion, including managed assets of $2.0 trillion as of December 31, 2014, we focus on meeting the unique needs of a diverse set of customers: helping 23 million people investing their own life savings, 20,000 businesses to manage their employee benefit programs, as well as providing 10,000 advisory firms with technology solutions to invest their own clients’ money. Privately held for nearly 70 years, Fidelity employs 41,000 associates who are focused on the long-term success of our customers. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
About eMoney Advisor
eMoney Advisor, based in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, is the only wealth-planning system for financial advisors that offers superior transparency, accessibility, security and organization for everything that affects their clients’ financial lives. An award-winning technology envisioned and created by advisors for advisors, eMoney is more than just wealth management software— it’s a better way of doing business. Tailored to transform an advisor’s ability to deliver expertise, eMoney is the silent partner in the practice of more than 25,000 of the industry’s top financial professionals, helping them leverage technology to strengthen client relationships and differentiate themselves from their competition. Driven to lead through innovation, eMoney is committed to positioning its advisors and their clients for greater success. For more information, please visit: www.emoneyadvisor.
A mutual insurer founded in 1860, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian) and its subsidiaries are committed to protecting individuals, business owners and their employees with life, disability income and dental insurance products, and offer funding vehicles for 401(k) plans, annuities and other financial products. Guardian operates one of the largest dental networks in the United States, and protects more than eight million employees and their families at 115,000 companies. The company has approximately 5,000 employees in the United States and a network of over 3,200 financial representatives in more than 80 agencies nationwide.
For more information about Guardian, please visit: www.GuardianLife.com.