Fidelity Institutional offers clearing, custody, investment products, brokerage and trading services to a wide range of financial intermediary firms. More than 13,000 financial advisory firms rely on Fidelity Institutional's innovative technology and deep expertise to help more than 9 million investors make some of the most complex, important decisions of their lives. Fidelity Institutional's goal is to help clients thrive by supporting the growth of their businesses, enhancing their operational efficiency and delivering insights that help to drive confidence, clarity and results.
Unde,r the umbrella of Fidelity Institutional are several distinct business units with $2.0 trillion in assets under administration (AUA).1
- The Fidelity clearing and custody businesses have $1.5T in AUA and service more than 3,500 clients and 6 million accounts.
- Fidelity Clearing and Custody Solutions provides a comprehensive clearing and custody platform, brokerage services, trading capabilities and practice management and consulting to registered investment advisors (RIAs), including strategic acquirers and professional asset managers, as well as retirement recordkeepers, broker-dealer firms, banks and insurance companies. Fidelity Clearing & Custody Soutions' goal is to help clients ensure that they are always future-ready by providing knowledgeable consulting, exceptional people, and transformative technology.
- Fidelity Family Office Services is the business unit that provides custody, brokerage, investment and reporting services to family offices, wealthy families and the advisors that support them. Fidelity Family Office Services is a cost-effective alternative for clients who want institutional capabilities delivered with objective guidance, exceptional service, integrity, and security. Fidelity Family Office Services provides services to more than 350 family office clients across the country with over $80 billion of assets in custody with Fidelity.2
- Fidelity Institutional Asset Management is dedicated to the institutional marketplace and serves consultants and institutional investors, such as defined benefits and defined contribution plans, endowments and financial advisors. Fidelity Institutional Asset Management is a gateway to Fidelity's broad and deep institutional investment management products and capabilities in equity, fixed-income, high-income and global asset allocation. With more than $559 billion in assets under administration3 and more than 493 institutional and 50,000 financial advisors clients, Fidelity Institutional Asset Management is one of the largest organizations serving the U.S. institutional marketplace.
- Fidelity Capital Marketsis the institutional trading arm of Fidelity Investments®, providing trading products and services to a wide array of clients, including buy-side institutions and hedge funds, as well as to Fidelity's own businesses. Fidelity Capital Markets offers a suite of electronic brokerage products and execution services across multiple asset classes, including equities, fixed income, options, and FOREX, as well prime brokerage, securities lending, and municipal and bank issued brokered CD underwriting.4
Assets as of December 31, 2015
|Total FI assets under administration (AUA)||$2,020 billion|
|Clearing and Custody AUA*:||$1,511 billion|
* Includes Fidelity Clearing and Custody and Fidelity Family Office Services.
|Total FI assets under management (FI only):||$568 billion|
FI Business Highlights, as of December 31, 2015
|Total FI client firms:||13,188|
|Total FI Accounts:||9.5 million|
|Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs):||283 thousand|
|President, Fidelity Institutional||Jeff Lagarce|
|President, Fidelity Institutional Asset Management||Scott Couto|
|President, Fidelity Clearing and Custody||Sanjiv Mirchandani|
|President, Fidelity Family Office Services||Ed Orazem|
|President, Fidelity Capital Markets||Tom Tesauro|
FI Headquarters are in Boston, MA with several regional centers across the United States, including: Westlake, TX; New York/New Jersey; and Smithfield, RI.