We provide investment management and administration expertise to a diverse set of customers—from individual investors to businesses, financial advisors, and institutions. Here you'll find financial information about Fidelity Investments, including assets under management by fund types and number of trades we make daily.
Fidelity by the Numbers: Corporate Statistics
|Dec. 31, 2014||March 31, 2015|
|Mutual fund assets under management||$1,781.0 billion*||$1,814.3 billion*|
|Trust/other assets under management||$244.3 billion**||$249.0 billion**|
|Total managed assets||$2,025.3 billion**||$2,063.2 billion**|
|Total customer assets at Fidelity||$5,057.7 billion**||$5,192.4 billion**|
|Total number of mutual funds||577*||576*|
- At Fidelity, our goal is to make financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We do this by focusing on a diverse set of customers: from more than 24 million people investing their own life savings, to nearly 20,000 businesses needing help managing their employee benefit programs to nearly 10,000 advisory firms needing technology solutions to invest their own clients' money.
- Fidelity is the nation's No. 1 recordkeeper of 401(k) retirement savings plans and a leading provider of 403(b) retirement plans for not-for-profit institutions.1 Fidelity provides defined contribution, defined benefit, health and welfare and stock plan services to nearly 20,000 employers.
- Investment management services are provided through investment professionals at financial institutions nationwide, including wirehouses, regional and independent broker/dealers, banks, trust companies and insurance companies. The company offers a comprehensive line of investment management products and services such as the Fidelity Advisor family of mutual funds.
- Independent Advisors are provided one-stop access to a flexible, open technology environment, specialized wealth management investments and services, extensive practice management resources, and fully-integrated brokerage and custody services.
- Fidelity offers broker/dealers clearing and execution products and integrated productivity tools to help them enhance firm profitability, drive business growth and forge deeper customer relationships. Fidelity also offers a leading online brokerage platform, compliance support, middle-office outsourcing, consolidated recordkeeping tools, fee-based solutions, and retirement and high-net–worth products, all supported by a unique relationship management tool.
- The firm serves retail customers by phone and through its 185 Investor Centers around the country.
- Headquartered in Boston, Fidelity employs over 41,000 people with several regional centers across the United States and Canada, including: Albuquerque, NM; Cincinnati, OH/Covington, KY; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Jacksonville, FL; Merrimack, NH; New York/New Jersey; North Carolina; Salt Lake City, UT; Smithfield, RI; and Toronto, Canada.
|Mutual fund assets under management||$1,814.3 billion|
|Trust/other assets under management2||$249.0 billion|
|Total managed assets||$2,063.2 billion|
|Other record kept and administered assets||$3,129.2 billion|
|Total customer assets at Fidelity||$5,192.4 billion|
Mutual fund assets by investment objective
|Equity mutual fund assets||$864.3 billion|
|Domestic equity mutual fund assets||$664.8 billion|
|International equity mutual fund assets||$199.6 billion|
|Fixed income mutual fund assets||$193.0 billion|
|High income mutual fund assets||$62.7 billion|
|Investment grade bond mutual fund assets||$130.2 billion|
|Hybrid mutual fund assets||$356.2 billion|
|Money market mutual fund assets||$400.9 billion|
Mutual fund asset mix
|Equity mutual fund assets||48%|
|Fixed income mutual fund assets||11%|
|Hybrid mutual fund assets||19%|
|Money market mutual funds||22%|
|Market share for Fidelity mutual funds, by open-end assets3||9.3%|
(Source: Strategic Insight Simfund FI, as of 3/31/15)
As of March 31, 2015
|Number of mutual funds managed||576|
Number of mutual funds by investment objective
|Equity mutual funds||447|
|Fixed income mutual funds||67|
|High income mutual funds||22|
|Money market mutual funds||40|
Number of mutual funds by business segment
|Retail4 mutual funds||311|
|Institutional4 mutual funds||430|
|Note: Numbers above include FICL funds.|
Five largest funds (by assets)
|Cash Reserves||$110.4 billion|
|Spartan 500 Index||$88.0 billion|
|FIMM Money Mkt||$62.5 billion|
|Low Priced Stock||$45.8 billion|
As of March 31, 2015
|Total customer accounts5 as of Q1 2015||71.8 million|
|Brokerage accounts6||20.0 million|
|Average daily commissionable trades in Q1 2015 (in thousands)||506.2|
|Clearing and Custody||246.5|
As of March 31, 2015
|Retirement mutual fund assets (Includes Personal Investing, Workplace Investing, FFAS and FIC retirement assets)||$1,120.8 billion|
|Retirement % of total managed mutual fund assets||62%|
|Trust retirement assets1||$172.0 billion|
|Total retirement assets under management||$1,292.7 billion|
|Retirement % of total managed assets||63%|
|Total retirement assets under administration||$2,874.8 billion|
|Retirement % of total administered assets||55%|
As of March 31, 2015
1. Based on 401(k) and 403 (b) recordkept assets as of December 31, 2013 as reported by PLANSPONSOR Magazine.
For more complete information on any Fidelity fund and Fidelity Advisor Funds, including charges or expenses, call or write for a free prospectus or please call your investment professional for a free Fidelity Advisor prospectus. Please read carefully before you invest or send money.
Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
Fidelity Investments Institutional Services Company, Inc.,100 Salem Street, Smithfield, RI 02917
National Financial Services LLC, Member NYSE, SIPC, 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA 02110
Pyramis Global Advisors, 900 Salem Street, Smithfield, Rhode Island 02917
3. Excludes closed-end funds.
Unless otherwise noted, all figures include Fidelity Investments Canada assets.