Set up your future
Your future goals can be big, like planning a European vacation or saving for your retirement, or small, like adopting a puppy or seeing your favorite band in concert. No matter the size, FutureTimeline can help you figure out how to make these goals come true. The app even uses the information in your Facebook profile to suggest goals to help you get started.
You can track your goals by telling the app how much you need to save. FutureTimeline will show you how much you have to put away each month to reach your goal, and will help you stay up to date with useful notifications and reminders.
You can also personalize your goals with custom nicknames, or by uploading photos that help you keep your eye on the prize. It's your future—it should look the way you want it to look.
Share your progress
You can share your entire FutureTimeline with your Facebook friends and keep them up to date on your progress. Or, just publish individual goals to your news feed—either way, you can give your friends a chance to cheer you on and keep you motivated. Don't worry; no one can see how much money you're saving, but the app can let people know when you've started a new goal, when you've reached the halfway point, and when you've finished.
Work toward group goals with your friends
Interested in taking a fun Caribbean vacation with old college friends? Looking to get everyone you know together for a party close to home? FutureTimeline allows you to set up group goals with Facebook friends, so you can all work toward a single goal together and help each other make it a reality.
Get great tips from Fidelity and others
For each goal, you'll have the opportunity to leave tips—short pieces based on your savings experience—for other FutureTimeline users. You'll also be able to see tips from others, "like" tips you find helpful, and get exclusive tips from Fidelity that will connect you with tools and guidance you can use to save.
Let us suggest goals based on your profile
Need some help planning your future? FutureTimeline can suggest a few goals for you. Click the "Change My Future" button to let FutureTimeline drop a few new goals—based on the likes and interests of your Facebook profile—into your future; you may discover a great new goal you hadn't considered.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to be a Fidelity customer or a fan of the Fidelity Facebook page to use FutureTimeline?
- No. Any Facebook user can use the app.
- Does FutureTimeline have access to my Fidelity account information, or any other financial accounts?
- No, FutureTimeline does not have access to your account information. The app only uses savings information that you enter manually.
- Can I use FutureTimeline on my mobile device?
- FutureTimeline is not optimized for use on mobile devices. You'll need to access it via a web browser on a desktop or laptop computer.
- If I share my FutureTimeline with friends, will they be able to see how much money I'm saving?
- No, FutureTimeline will never include your current savings goal, or how much you have saved toward that goal, when sharing goal information.