Important legal information about the e-mail you will be sending. By using this service, you agree to input your real e-mail address and only send it to people you know. It is a violation of law in some jurisdictions to falsely identify yourself in an e-mail. All information you provide will be used by Fidelity solely for the purpose of sending the e-mail on your behalf. The subject line of the e-mail you send will be "Fidelity.com: "
Fidelity® Wins Eleven 2012 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards
Awards Recognize Funds That Have Demonstrated Consistently Strong Risk-adjusted Returns Compared with PeersBOSTON -- Fidelity Investments®, one of the world’s leading financial services providers with $1.6 trillion in managed assets , today announced that the firm won eleven 2012 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards, which honor fund management firms and individual mutual funds that excelled in delivering consistent strong risk-adjusted performance, relative to peers.
Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individual classifications for the three-, five-, and 10-year periods. In total, nine Fidelity mutual funds won 11 awards.
“On behalf of Fidelity and the funds’ shareholders, we are truly honored to receive this recognition from Lipper,” said Ronald P. O’Hanley, president of Fidelity Asset Management. “These awards reflect our commitment to delivering strong risk-adjusted, long-term returns for our clients and shareholders across a deep and broad range of investment management capabilities.”
In fixed income, Fidelity’s high income, intermediate government, municipal income and convertible securities strategies took home honors.
• Fidelity Advisor High Income Advantage Fund, managed by Harley Lank, was the top fund in Lipper’s High Current Yield Funds category for the three-year time period.
• Fidelity Intermediate Government Fund, managed by Franco Castagliuolo and Bill Irving, won awards in Lipper’s Short-Intermediate Government Income Fund category for the five- and 10-year periods.
• Fidelity Massachusetts Municipal Income Fund, managed Kevin Ramundo, was the number one fund in Lipper’s Massachusetts Municipal Debt Funds category for the 10-year period.
• Fidelity Convertible Securities Fund, managed Thomas Soviero, was the best fund in Lipper’s Convertible Securities Funds category for the three-year period.
A number of Fidelity sector funds also were recognized by Lipper. These included:
• Fidelity Select Retailing Portfolio, managed by Peter Dixon, which won awards in Lipper’s Consumer Services Funds category for the three- and five-year time periods.
• Fidelity Advisor Technology Fund, managed by Charlie Chai, was the number one fund in Lipper’s Science and Technology Funds category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Select Medical Delivery Portfolio, managed by Andrew Hatem, was recognized as the best fund in Lipper’s Health/Biotechnology Funds category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Select Insurance Portfolio, managed by Court Dignan, was the top-ranked Financial Services Fund for the three-year period.
Among Fidelity’s asset allocation strategies,Fidelity Income Replacement 2042 Fund, managed by Andrew Dierdorf and Chris Sharpe, won an award in Lipper’s Retirement Income category for the three-year period.
The Lipper Fund Awards are part of the Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence, a global family of awards that celebrate exceptional performance throughout the professional investment community. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence recognize the world’s top funds, fund management firms, sell-side firms, research analysts, and investor relations teams.
The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence also include the Extel Survey Awards,
the IFR Awards, the PFI awards, the StarMine Analyst Awards, and the StarMine Broker Rankings. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit excellence.thomsonreuters.com.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services, with assets under administration of $3.5 trillion, including managed assets of $1.6 trillion, as of January 31, 2012. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
Before investing, consider the funds investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. Please visit www.fidelity.com or advisor.fidelity.com for a prospectus or if available, a summary prospectus, containing this information.