Important legal information about the e-mail you will be sending. By using this service, you agree to input your real e-mail address and only send it to people you know. It is a violation of law in some jurisdictions to falsely identify yourself in an e-mail. All information you provide will be used by Fidelity solely for the purpose of sending the e-mail on your behalf. The subject line of the e-mail you send will be "Fidelity.com: "
Fidelity® Wins Eighteen U.S. Lipper Fund Awards
Awards Recognize Funds That Have Demonstrated Consistently Strong Risk-adjusted Returns Compared with PeersBOSTON -- Fidelity Investments®, a leading global asset management firm with $2.0 trillion in managed assetsi, today announced that it won eighteen 2014 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards, which honor individual mutual funds that have outperformed peers based on risk-adjusted, consistent return.
Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individual classifications for the three-, five-, and 10-year periods. In total, 15 Fidelity mutual funds won 18 awards. This compares to 2013 when 12 Fidelity mutual funds won 14 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards.
“These awards are a great example of the strong performance Fidelity has delivered on behalf of our shareholders across a deep and broad range of investment management capabilities,” says Charlie Morrison, president of Fidelity’s Asset Management organization. “On behalf of Fidelity and the funds’ shareholders, we are truly honored to receive this recognition from Lipper.”
The 15 mutual funds recognized by Lipper ranged across a variety of asset classes and styles, from investment grade bond and asset allocation to international, small cap and sector funds. Fidelity received the following Lipper Fund Awards:
• Fidelity Advisor Biotechnology Fund (Institutional), managed by Rajiv Kaul, won an award in Lipper’s Health/Biotechnology category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Advisor Income Replacement 2042 Fund (Institutional), managed by Andrew Dierdorf and Chris Sharpe, won awards in Lipper’s Retirement Income category for the three- and five-year periods.
• Fidelity Advisor International Real Estate Fund (Institutional), managed by Guillermo De Las Casas, won an award in Lipper’s International Real Estate category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Pacific Basin Fund, managed by John Dance, won awards in Lipper’s Pacific Region category for the three-, five-, and ten-year periods.
• Fidelity Select Consumer Finance Portfolio, managed by Shilpa Mehra, won an award in Lipper’s Financial Services category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Select Defense and Aerospace Portfolio, managed by Douglas Scott, won an award in Lipper’s Industrials category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Spartan Long-Term Treasury Bond Index Fund (Fidelity Advantage), managed by Alan Bembenek and Curt Hollingsworth, won an award in Lipper’s General U.S. Treasury category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Advisor China Region Fund (Institutional), managed by Bobby Bao, won an award in Lipper’s China Region category for the five-year period.
• Fidelity Advisor High Income Advantage Fund (Institutional), managed by Harley Lank, won an award in Lipper’s High Yield category for the five-year period.
• Fidelity Convertible Securities Fund, managed by Thomas Soviero, won an award in Lipper’s Convertible Securities category for the five-year period.
• Fidelity Select IT Services Portfolio, managed by Kyle Weaver, won an award in Lipper’s Science & Technology category for the five-year period.
• Fidelity Intermediate Government Income Fund, managed by Franco Castagliuolo and Bill Irving, won an award in Lipper’s Short-Intermediate U.S. Government category for the ten-year period.
• Fidelity Select Energy Portfolio, managed by John Dowd, won an award in Lipper’s Natural Resources category for the ten-year period.
• Fidelity Select Software and Computer Services Portfolio, managed by Brian Lempel, won an award in Lipper’s Science & Technology category for the ten-year period.
• Fidelity Worldwide Fund, managed by Stephen DuFour and Bill Kennedy, won an award in Lipper’s Global Multi-Cap Growth category for the ten-year period.
“Delivering consistent, long-term performance is a testament to the incredible hard work and dedication of our entire team of global investment professionals,” said Morrison.
The Lipper Fund Awards are part of the Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence, a global family of awards that celebrate exceptional performance throughout the professional investment community. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence recognize the world’s top funds, fund management firms, sell-side firms, research analysts, and investor relations teams. It also includes the Extel Survey Awards, the StarMine Analyst Awards, and the StarMine Broker Rankings. For more information, please contact email@example.com or visit http://excellence.thomsonreuters.com.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services, with assets under administration of $4.7 trillion, including managed assets of $2.0 trillion, as of February 28, 2014. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
i As of February 28, 2014.