Important legal information about the e-mail you will be sending. By using this service, you agree to input your real e-mail address and only send it to people you know. It is a violation of law in some jurisdictions to falsely identify yourself in an e-mail. All information you provide will be used by Fidelity solely for the purpose of sending the e-mail on your behalf. The subject line of the e-mail you send will be "Fidelity.com: "
Fidelity® Wins Fourteen U.S. Lipper Fund Awards
Awards Recognize Funds That Have Demonstrated Consistently Strong Risk-adjusted Returns Compared with PeersBOSTON -- Fidelity Investments®, a leading global asset management firm with $1.7 trillion in managed assets1, today announced that it won fourteen 2013 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards, which honor individual mutual funds that have outperformed peers based on risk-adjusted, consistent return.
Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individual classifications for the three-, five-, and 10-year periods. In total, 12 Fidelity mutual funds won 14 awards. This compares to 2011 when nine Fidelity mutual funds won 11 U.S. Lipper Fund Awards.
“These awards reflect Fidelity’s commitment to delivering strong risk-adjusted and consistent long-term investment performance for our shareholders across a deep and broad range of investment management capabilities,” said Ronald P. O’Hanley, president of Fidelity’s Asset Management organization. “On behalf of Fidelity and the funds’ shareholders, we are truly honored to receive this recognition from Lipper.”
The 12 mutual funds recognized by Lipper ranged across a variety of asset classes and styles, from investment grade bond and asset allocation to international, small cap and sector funds.
• Fidelity Intermediate Government Income Fund, managed by Franco Castagliuolo and Bill Irving, won an award in Lipper’s Short-Intermediate Government Income category for the 10-year period.
• Select Retailing Portfolio, managed by Peter Dixon, won awards in Lipper’s Consumer Services category for the three- and five-year time periods.
• Fidelity Income Replacement 2030 Fund, managed by Andrew Dierdorf and Chris Sharpe, won an award in Lipper’s Retirement Income category for the five-year period.
• Fidelity Advisor Biotechnology Fund (Institutional), managed by Rajiv Kaul, won an award in Lipper’s Health/Biotechnology category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Advisor Income Replacement 2042 Fund (Institutional), managed by Andrew Dierdorf and Chris Sharpe, won an award in Lipper’s Retirement Income category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity Advisor Industrials Fund (Institutional), managed by Tobias Welo, won an award in Lipper’s Industrials category for the three-year period.
• Fidelity China Region Fund, managed by Bobby Bao, won an award in Lipper’s China Region category for the five-year period.
• Fidelity Pacific Basin Fund, managed by Dale Nicholls, won an award in Lipper’s Pacific Region category for the three-year period.
• Select Consumer Finance Portfolio, managed by Shilpa Mehra, won an award in Lipper’s Financial Services category for the three-year period.
• Select Energy Portfolio, managed by John Dowd, won an award in Lipper’s Natural Resources category for the 10-year period.
• Select Pharmaceuticals Portfolio, managed by Andrew Oh, won awards in Lipper’s Global Health/Biotechnology category for the three- and five-year time periods.
• Fidelity Small Cap Discovery Fund, managed by Chuck Myers, won an award in Lipper’s Small-Cap Core category for the five-year period.
“Not only do these awards recognize our portfolio managers for their incredible stewardship on the funds, but, just as importantly, they demonstrate the hard work of each and every one of our 819 investment professionals across the globe2 to harness Fidelity’s deep and diverse capabilities to help our clients achieve their financial and business objectives,” said O’Hanley.
The Lipper Fund Awards are part of the Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence, a global family of awards that celebrate exceptional performance throughout the professional investment community. The Thomson Reuters Awards for Excellence recognize the world’s top funds, fund management firms, sell-side firms, research analysts, and investor relations teams. It also includes the Extel Survey Awards, the StarMine Analyst Awards, and the StarMine Broker Rankings. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.excellence.thomsonreuters.com.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services, with assets under administration of $4.0 trillion, including managed assets of $1.7 trillion, as of January 31, 2013. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
1) As of January 31, 2013.