Important legal information about the e-mail you will be sending. By using this service, you agree to input your real e-mail address and only send it to people you know. It is a violation of law in some jurisdictions to falsely identify yourself in an e-mail. All information you provide will be used by Fidelity solely for the purpose of sending the e-mail on your behalf. The subject line of the e-mail you send will be "Fidelity.com: "
Fidelity® Releases Next Generation Brokerage Apps for iPhone, iPod Touch and AndroidTM Smartphones with Industry-First Functionality
Fidelity Also Updates its App for iPad with New Interactive Research and Visualization ToolsBOSTON – Fidelity Investments® today announced the release of new, redesigned brokerage apps for iPhone, iPod touch and AndroidTM smartphones, available for free from the App Store and Google Play, respectively. Both apps’ new features include industry-first customizable tile-based home screen options for key market data, top gainers and losers, personalized watch lists, accounts and more. Quotes can turn into interactive, advanced charts with technical indicators when rotated into landscape view, and customers can stay connected to breaking market and company news with film-strip style headlines and streaming market videos updated four times daily.
Fidelity’s mobile enhancements come at a time when nearly half (45 percent) of all adults own a smartphone1, and 41 percent more active investors report they are using a mobile device to manage their investments than did last year2. Also in the last year, mobile trading via Fidelity’s mobile apps increased 66 percent3.
“Investors simply cannot be untied from the market when it’s on the move,” said Richard Blunck, executive vice president, digital distribution at Fidelity. “The demand for sophisticated mobile solutions is increasing and Fidelity is answering that challenge with our Next Generation mobile apps that give investors real-time analysis, research and trading tools in the palm of their hand.”
Next Generation Functionality for iPhone, iPod touch and Android Smartphones
The Next Generation brokerage apps for iPhone, iPod touch and Android smartphones feature the following new functionality, in addition to the apps’ leading trading and portfolio management tools:
• Customizable Home Screens: Nine customizable home screen options give customers easy access to the information that’s most important to them. Select tile-based screens include a customer’s watch list in heat map view, U.S. Markets, World Markets and Market Movers.
• Advanced Charting: From a quote screen, rotate to landscape mode to access a fully interactive advanced chart. Customers can layer technical indicators onto the chart (e.g. moving average, exponential moving average) or compare the performance of two securities.
• News & Video: An all new news experience, complete with market update videos scheduled four times daily, and film-strip style news articles containing relevant companies.
• Alerts: A message center for streaming alerts4 where customers can view and manage price triggers and receive trade notifications.
• Cash Management: Banking enhancements, including access to credit card details such as balances, payments and rewards, and a cash management overview page that includes current balance, interest earned, and ATM fee rebates.
Additionally, stock plan participants can now accept grants on Fidelity’s Next Generation app on iPhone.
New Visualization Tools For iPad
Fidelity also recently updated its Fidelity Investments for iPad® app with new interactive visualization tools. Research functionality via Trefis® shows in a single snapshot what drives the value in a company's business. With Trefis5, customers can run their own scenarios to change business drivers and see the impact on a company’s value. And with Fidelity's Watch List Visualization (powered by Fidelity Labs), customers can see the historical performance of their watch lists using a time-based control. Watch List Visualization also allows for comparisons of selected securities with industry standard data points such as P/E ratio, 90-day average volume, market cap, and earnings per share (when applicable).
“We believe the introduction of these new mobile apps will strengthen our position as the highest-rated online broker6,” said Blunck.
For more information about Fidelity’s mobile brokerage solutions, please visit www.fidelity.com/mobile, or for specific information on Fidelity’s Next Generation brokerage apps for iPhone, iPod touch and Android smartphones, visit www.fidelity.com/iphone and www.fidelity.com/android.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services, with assets under administration of $3.8 trillion, including managed assets of $1.7 trillion, as of September 30, 2012. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
1) As of Sept. 2012, 45% of all U.S. adults aged 18+ own a smartphone, up from up from 35% in May 2011 (Pew Research Center’s “Pew Internet & American Life Report”, Sept. 11, 2012)