Important legal information about the e-mail you will be sending. By using this service, you agree to input your real e-mail address and only send it to people you know. It is a violation of law in some jurisdictions to falsely identify yourself in an e-mail. All information you provide will be used by Fidelity solely for the purpose of sending the e-mail on your behalf. The subject line of the e-mail you send will be "Fidelity.com: "
Fidelity® Wins 2011 Compuware “Best of The Web “ Gold Award Winner For Third Year in a Row
Fidelity Sets Industry Standard for Brokerage Web Site Performance, Bests 11 Other FirmsBOSTON – Fidelity Investments® has won the 2011 Compuware “Best of the Web” Gold Award for superior brokerage Web site performance. The annual Best of the Web Compuware Web & Mobile Performance Awards showcase leaders in Web and mobile site performance across major industries nationwide. Fidelity is the only brokerage firm to win a 2011 Gold Award and the only company in the history of the awards to be a three-time Gold Award winner.
Fidelity is being honored as a Gold Award winner based on its rankings in the “Brokerage Generate Order Benchmark” throughout 2011. The benchmark measures three key Web performance metrics during a sample online stock trade – response time, availability and consistency. The sample trade consists of accessing the home page, logging in, navigating to the trade page, selecting a stock, previewing the order and cancelling the order, navigating back to the trade page and logging out.
The annual awards report showcases leaders across seven industries – automotive, finance, government, healthcare, insurance, media, retail and travel – based on Compuware’s benchmark analysis in 2011. The report highlights how each award winner sets the industry standard for providing a Web or mobile experience that improves customer satisfaction.
“Web sites that are going to meet business objectives must first and foremost meet users’ expectations for speed and availability,” said Jonathan Ranger, Gomez Benchmark Practice Director at Compuware. “Fidelity has made Web performance a key business priority and has set the standard in the brokerage industry for delivering high-performing Web experiences that deliver an outstanding customer experience.”
“This award recognizes our fundamental commitment to the millions of investors who rely on Fidelity.com for quick, consistent and efficient trading,” said Richard Blunck, executive vice president of Digital Distribution at Fidelity. “Combining best-in-class Web performance with a suite of highly innovative brokerage trading and research tools has made Fidelity.com a leading destination for today’s investors.”
As part of Fidelity’s commitment to continuous innovation, its retail brokerage business in the past year has:
• Expanded its international trading platform with five additional countries and currencies that can be traded online directly from a single brokerage accounti. Fidelity customers now have access to 17 total counties and 13 currencies.
• Introduced its Next Generation App for iPad®, which presents a visual story of the market, helping investors stay connected to their portfolios and positions in today’s highly volatile market.
• Enhanced its fixed income research with new resources that can help investors make better informed investment decisions. Specifically, investors can search for bond funds, CDs and individual bonds in an efficient and intuitive manner, and access institutional-quality research and market.
• Introduced the Equity Summary Score, which offers a single accuracy-weighted stock score (ranging from 0.1 to 10.0) and associated sentiment (ranging from Very Bullish to Very Bearish) derived from the ratings of up to 10 independent research providers on Fidelity.com.
• Launched the online Fidelity Learning Center, which can help investors gain knowledge about fixed income investing, Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) and technical analysis. It also features the Trading Knowledge Center, an education offering featuring interactive video and charting as well as articles, interviews and video transcripts to enable investors to become better traders.
• Launched the Retirement Distributions Center on Fidelity.com, designed to make it easier for Fidelity customers to set up, track and manage withdrawals from their IRAs. The Center, available directly from a customer’s Portfolio Summary page, helps them manage both minimum required distributions (MRDs) required by the Internal Revenue Service and other elective withdrawals from their accounts. Within the Center, and on Fidelity’s retirement income program page, the company offers educational resources to help investors better prepare for and manage IRA distributions and make other critical decisions about retirement income.
For more information about Fidelity’s retail brokerage offering, investors can visit www.fidelity.com/trading, speak with a phone representative at 1-800-FIDELITY, or visit one of the more than 160 Fidelity investor centers throughout the United States.
About Compuware Corporation
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world’s most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services, with assets under administration of $3.4 trillion, including managed assets of $1.5 trillion, as of Dec. 31, 2011. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
Before investing in any mutual fund or ETF, please carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. For this and other information, call or write Fidelity for a free prospectus or, if available, a summary prospectus. Read it carefully before you invest.